The following list is not meant to be exhaustive. It is simply a sample of representative laws requiring established data protection policies and procedures.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Financial Services Modernization Act (GLB)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA)
- Red Flag Rule (amendment to FACTA)
- State Data Protection Laws
- Privacy Act of 1988
European Union Partner Countries
- Data Protection Directive Specific
- Country Privacy Laws
- Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIPA) (Ontario)
- Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) (British Columbia)
- Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) (Alberta)
- Health Information Act (HIA) (Alberta)
Virtually every developed nation in the world now has information protection laws and regulations.
All of these laws require written information protection procedures, including a written process for selecting a qualified, reputable data destruction vendor.
By specifying a NAID Certified information destruction vendor, such as Adera On-Site Security Shredding, you establish a recognized selection criteria, effectively satisfying that legal requirement.